I did conventional films on my three patients today, it was good for me to practice it again since I had been avoiding it like the plague. My morning patient ended up being a class II with not much deposit, but I sill managed to miss some spots which was a little bit discouraging. I think as I am trying to pick up my speed, maybe I am exploring right over these deposits, especially pieces that are left burnished. Oh well, another learning experience. In the afternoon I saw the two cutest little girls. I love treating kid patients. These girls were so good and patient. Their mom had promised them that if they have no cavities then they can go get ice cream after the appointment. The youngest little girl ended up having 4 cavities that we could see visually. I thought she was about to cry, and then her sister informed her she could have "a little bit of ice cream". They were fun! I did not get to do a sealant unfortunately, but I did pass of my AP polish PE on Ashley. My goals for next week are still to pick up my speed, but to slow down as I am exploring so that I do not breeze right over the calculus. Two more clinic days...this is nuts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Film radiographs ARE the plague...I avoid them as well. I will miss you!! You and Judy have to take me shopping!
ReplyDelete