So my morning started out with my patient needing a physician consult because of a seizure she had 4 days previous and infection around her brain (this was throwing up red flags all over the place for me). After 2 hours of waiting, we never received it back and my patient was so eager to get started she was willing to wait that whole time to see if the fax would come. So basically I got nothing done, except the learning experience of my first physician consult. Those are not fun. The afternoon went much better. I finished cleaning my class III patient from last semester and so I got to do injections as well as finish her with only one error. There was quite a chunk of burnished calculus that took me forever to get off but this was good practice, and more determination to not burnish it in the first place. So things are getting better, slowly but surely I am getting there. She was really sweet and seemed very interested in coming back in for regular cleanings and keeping her teeth healthy. It was great to see the half that I had cleaned last time and to see that she had been flossing and brushing and that the tissues did not even bleed on that side. I love when people just get it and care. Until next time blog....MOCKBOARD #2....lets hope this time around goes better than the last!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment