Here I am in my last semester of the program, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Our first day back in clinic had its up and downs, which I am used to. I saw the 1A's that I had scheduled the day of the infamous wind storm. Things did not go as quickly as I had wished, even with 1A's in the chair, it is hard to quickly and efficiently switch from one patient to the other. I got some practice with primary dentition. I was also able to "diagnose" quite a few interproximal caries on their x-rays so I stressed the importance of fluoride and home care, especially with the mom so that she could help them with their flossing. I also saw a class III/IV patient in the afternoon! A miracle! I only got through the OD because she was about an hour and a half late but it went well and I got to know the feeling of my probe dropping into a 9mm pocket. She was very sweet I just hope that next time she has a translator with her so I can communicate with her better so I can feel as though I really helped her. Well, that's all for now, I am excited to be back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment