It was a pretty good clinic day. I got one PE passed off and I got some PA's which I have been in desperate need of. My morning patient was diabetic but she told me she was feeling fine. So we went along with the cleaning and she started getting really dizzy and not feeling well, about a half hour into it. I sat her up and gave her some water. This patient has an infection around her brain and I have been dealing with physician consults and working with Dr. Naylor to know that best way to treat her. She was on anti-dizzy medication for the infection, so I just figured her feeling dizzy in the chair was a normal thing lately...It totally slipped my mind that she was a diabetic. Turns out she did not eat any breakfast and this is one thing her doctor has stressed to her many times. Prof. Alexander was quick to act and got her a Pepsi to sip on. She started to feel better but I was still a little shaken up from everything. I tried to finish the quad I was working on but after a few minutes we decided we better dismiss our patient since we were running out of clinic time anyways. So I learned a good lesson even though I was discouraged for hardly getting anything done. In the afternoon I saw a class III patient who was really nice, but he was talking my ear off. I finished him in the nick of time and was really happy about that. Prof. Alexander helped me with a few areas today and she really helped me work on that last twist as well as using just the tip of the instrument to get off the calculus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment