So we are drawing near to the end of the semester here and I still needed to see my two kids for my required 1A quads. I finally found some and got them scheduled. I also confirmed them two nights before the appointment and the mother assured me that they would be there. Once the clock hit 8:01 am I knew in my heart that they were not coming, and I hate to be a complainer here, but it is just my luck this semester. So after a little panicking and a few minutes for myself to just be completely ticked off I got to work finding some new 1A's. I found some on the list and I have them scheduled for the last day of clinic. Phew.
In the meantime, Jodie had me clean the teeth of the mother of her patient. So that gave me something to do to pass the time because I could not handle another week of sitting there with no patient. She was a class V but I had a really good opportunity to go over some OHI with her and spend a lot of time talking about perio and what it is and what she should be doing. I find that it means a lot to patient to praise them for their efforts or the little things they are doing right and make a big deal out of these good things and then they are a lot more receptive to some instruction or tweeking of some of their oral care habits. I liked that this patient trusted me and asked me all about all of her questions and took my word for it. I felt like a real professional and I liked that.
This afternoon we had a lab to learn about periodontal medicaments and desensitization, wheelchair transfers, and the Velscope. We had way to much fun cruising around the building in our wheelchairs. It was our last lab ever and I will miss these fun days that remind me of first year.
In the meantime, Jodie had me clean the teeth of the mother of her patient. So that gave me something to do to pass the time because I could not handle another week of sitting there with no patient. She was a class V but I had a really good opportunity to go over some OHI with her and spend a lot of time talking about perio and what it is and what she should be doing. I find that it means a lot to patient to praise them for their efforts or the little things they are doing right and make a big deal out of these good things and then they are a lot more receptive to some instruction or tweeking of some of their oral care habits. I liked that this patient trusted me and asked me all about all of her questions and took my word for it. I felt like a real professional and I liked that.
This afternoon we had a lab to learn about periodontal medicaments and desensitization, wheelchair transfers, and the Velscope. We had way to much fun cruising around the building in our wheelchairs. It was our last lab ever and I will miss these fun days that remind me of first year.
Jamie! I just love you so much!! I hope that your 1A's come tomorrow! I had the worst luck last year with no shows, I know how you feel and it is horrible! Next semester, it will be better, I know it! You are so amazing!
ReplyDelete