

So like i mentioned earlier i was struggling big time finding patients off the resource list. After having no luck, i scheduled my two year old niece for today as a last resort, but i was way excited for her to come in! I had no idea what to expect out of her and the appointment was a whole 25 minutes but it was fun! She came in all excited and rode in the chair for a minute. Once i started to lay it back though, that's when the nervous whimpering came about. So i decided no tools for a little while and she sat on my sisters lap. I counted her adorable little teeth and she brushed them with the Ariel toothbrush i gave her. That is about all we did. I tried to disclose her, but she could not put her tongue to the roof of her mouth so the drop ended up on her tongue and she started gagging, it was sad! I don't blame her cause that stuff even makes me gag! I called my sister after the appointment to make sure she wasnt traumatized by it all. Apparently she would not stop talking about it. She reported that the
gloves were yucky, the blue stuff was yucky, aunt Jamie gave her stamps as a prize, and she got her teeth counted and has 3 teeth (she actually had 20, but she decided on 3 i guess)! Great day in clinic. Next time i know that if i have a young child coming in, i need to have a 2nd patient scheduled so i can use up all of that precious extra time...i tried to call more people today, no luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment