What a week. I am so relieved its over, yet I wish so badly I could do it over again! I was really nervous for mockboards and I had nightmares all night about it. It did not end up being quite the nightmare I imagined, however I missed some calculus and was kinda bummed about that. My patient was a legit board patient with very tenacious calculus and I feel like I learned a lot from the whole experience. The distal of the #2 seems to get me every time and Perry showed me how to get it off using the SH67. It was great to have the practice with a real board patient and with all of the paperwork and order of things, which was not as bad as we all thought it would be. As far as calculus errors, next time will be better! This week we also had a local anesthesia lab where we practiced all 7 injections on each other, and I think it is fair to say that I am over my fear of shots now. Now we can give injections to our patients, yay! The one thing holding me back....finding a dang class III to anesthetize!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment