Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cruisin!

I feel as though these weeks are going by extremely quickly, especially when we have weeks like this one.

Monday we had a really good CE course about ergonomics, and although it scared me a bit (I had neck and back problems before I even started the program) it was really good information and I was a lot more aware of my posture this week in clinic.

On Tuesday, I participated in the Hooper Health Fair where we did oral cancer screenings. People seemed to avoid our table like the plague...like we were gonna hurt them or something. Oh well, it was fun to be there and get to know a few of the junior students a little better.

Clinic this week went well, I saw a class II in the morning and I am so glad because I really needed the practice in prep for Mockboards next week. Prof. Perry came over to give me some helpful reminders on the mandibular anteriors. Sometimes we just go along and get so stuck in our ways, even though those ways may be wrong, so I appreciate the tweeking of instrumentation, chair positions, etc from time to time. I need to remember the V-of the hand grasp and watch my where my fingers are on the instrument because they tend to creep up and I lose more power and control that way.

Then Friday we helped with the Children's Health Connection which I loved. It was fun to watch the dentists. Watching the assistants made me realize there is still so much I do not know about dentistry! But it was a great learning experience and I loved being there to help calm the nerves of the little kids and see all that was being done to help them.

Well, told ya it was a long week...therefore a long blog post.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention the test! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL true true no one wanted an oral cancer screening! It was kinda sad to see how many people are fearful of the dentist and don't want to know what is going on in their mouth. Oh well that's why we're their right? :)

    ReplyDelete