Monday, April 11, 2011

Second to Last Day

Today i saw my cousin's little girl Abby. I love seeing kid patients, it is definitely my favorite! She is only 3 years old and i was so surprised at how well she did. She did not get scared once! She let me polish and scale and even tried bitewings but her mouth was still too small and she was gaggin. I learned a lot today, mostly that i need to just slow down just a tiny bit and don't forget things like the ever so important HHX and required signatures!! Oops. Anyways she was memorized by all of my tools, she loved the saliva ejector! Every other minute i heard "can i rinse?" and i gave her some water while she held "Mr. Thirsty" the saliva ejector. I left for one minute to go get an instructor and i came back to her rubber cup polishing her own teeth. That girl is sneaky! She is going to be a dental hygienist one day that's for sure. I was also able to finish off my sealant requirements and do a sealant on Ashley. One more clinic day..........this is nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment